Sunday, July 3, 2011

Redo: Angel and Demon on the Shoulder

I intended to start this new section right after getting out of school but this took longer than I thought. This new section is called Redo where I take art that I did waay back before art school in my sketchbook and do newer versions of them. This is my first take at it.
The guy (Tai) is drawn with a pencil and scanned in and cleaned up. I decided to have fun and despite the mix not being perfect I drew the ladies (Lyra and Cassandra) all in Photoshop. A big feat for me is doing the line work on my tablet. I kept them simple since they are the ladies in his head so I felt the break in the styles was alright.

I made the mistake of not digging out the original I was basing this off of before starting it. I thought Tai was the subject but actually it was what goes in Cassandra's mind! As seen below there are little angel and demon copies of herself flirting with the little Tai in her head. Oops! Maybe I'll come back and Redo it correctly but for now I'm happy with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment