Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cosplay Cards: Kumori Con 2010 Day 2

This was our main day and we did Batman characters for half our group and characters from the Mario games for the other half.

I decided to wear the Toad costume this year. I oddly had two weird bruises on my side so Tobi painted a one up in brown to cover it! It looked great and added that final touch to my more girly Toad. Shawna was Toadette again so if you want to look at that card look at older posts. Chase did her take on Princess Peach which involved her hair soaked in lemon juice quite a bit. Oh and I painted her lovely jewelery with acrylic and a gloss coat. When I showed them to her she told me, "Wow! I...I forgot you were in art school!" She was complaining about not having the perfect jems before I showed her the finished ones hehe.

Tobi and Hannah have always loved Batman Forever and its campy goodness. This was our first catsuit created for Tobi's female Riddler.







As for Hannah she couldn't even drink water without funneling it with that half face on. But I do have to say I am proud of catching this toss the coin shot! She loved adding all the details to this piece and it turned out fantastic!



Michaele of course had fun making his Joker and had a great time teasing the host of the Slightly Anime Dating Game. He kept calling the host skirt man (all the SADG guys wear kilts) which made the audience crack up. One of the best moments was him responding to his tease, "Well I can't tease you too much. I've been chasing guys in tights for over sixty years..."

And this by my friends vote who I gave all the cards to voted this their favorite card! I have to say this is one of my favorites too! It all came about Olivia taking some of the accessories and showing what a Gotham Citizen is!






And as a bonus here is the Batman villains stealing a burrito cart!

1 comment:

  1. heheheheheh
    This was SO my favorite day of any con EVER.
    AWESOME.
    Oh man. That Livi picture is still so freakin' epic.

    ReplyDelete