Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Art: Typeface: Delicate Curves

For my Typography 2 class the final was creating our own typeface. Now that I have had the opportunity to step back from it a little I must say I am rather proud of it. I am not sure I want to work in the program FontLab any time soon but maybe in the future I'll polish this one up.

I started using grid paper to create the initial typeface. I wanted something less nauseating than Curlz MT and loved the thin lines in fonts like Helvetica UltraLight. I knew from past works in FontLab that I wanted one stroke weight and one size for the dots. I worked in both Illustrator and FontLab to create this.

The final I am rather happy with but there are a few areas that I would love to improve. I didn't get to creating the numbers for my typeface. I really want to improve the capital and lowercase S and would love to put more work into the spacings between them. Add some kerning especially with the lowercase f.

No comments:

Post a Comment