Friday, April 15, 2011

My Art: Marie Antoinette

We got our second art direct each other assignment. I paired up this time with Amanda and gave her the task of making something a little more typography centric. I will either post a link to what she did or put it up here on my blog later.
As for myself she gave me the assignment of doing a bust of Marie Antoinette with more detail in it than some of my other pieces. I of course had to get the likeness of someone and decided to choose her. Hehe she was a little embarrassed when she learned I picked her as my model. Below are my sketches and under that the final. I will spare Amanda the embarrassment and not put up the stock photo I got of her for the final.


I did enjoy all of my sketches but sadly only one had time to go foreword so the hat won out. I did enjoy doing a piece that was more painting than the other art I do. It was relaxing to sit down and get in the zone.

And now the final...the scan is not as good as the original sadly...

No comments:

Post a Comment