Friday, April 1, 2011

My Art: Non Portrait of Nicole Cuvin

Two weeks ago in my Illustration class we got the in class assignment of doing a non portrait. That is doing a portrait of someone without drawing their face to show who they are. My good friend Nicole and I decided to do each other and here are the results!


For her I drew the interior of her car a Prius. One time I joked about all the water bottles she had in there so I drew a bunch inside. There is also a bottle of Sweet Leaf Lemonade that she gets a drink during break time. Of course her PNCA portfolio which thankfully with use of the car and having a studio she doesn't have to tote around anymore. There are parking stickers on the window and parking slips for the REI parking near the school on the dash. Her I assume favorite though for certain most used bag that is always full is in the passenger seat. In the side and rear view mirrors are cute little monsters reflecting the topic of her thesis about the monstrous perceptions we have of ourselves when looking in the mirror. And last my favorite touch is the gear shift that shifts into PANIC!


I absolutely loove the portrait she did of me! Having the Diet Coke as the centerpiece. I am hopelessly addicted and in love with my Diet Coke. Of course behind me are the Elmers Paintastic brush pens that I love to use! And to top it off my Lady Blush wig on top of the Diet Coke the symbol of my thesis! So simple and so perfect! I love Nicole's art! It is now my background on my computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment