Monday, April 4, 2011

Thesis: Blush's Wig

It's been a long road to get to this final wig. Lots of stress and pain and trouble with not only building it but also not getting some of the wigs I wanted.
The Blush wig is constructed of two wigs. The top is a Farrah Fawcett wig and curls up nicely. The bottom was suppose to be a straight blonde wig of the same color. I had a problem though, Display and Costume didn't have anymore so I tried to order online a blonde straight one. It was a horrid more plasticky looking one with a yellowy honey color. So I had a dilemma.
I thought I would integrate my own long hair as the bottom but it wasn't working out. I finally remembered that I have a long white wig that I didn't use for an older cosplay I didn't finish. Blush is 200 years old so this worked perfectly.
I ended up cutting off some of the old Blush wig to lengthen the braid in the back and have the white and blonde in the wig mix more. There are also white strands that swirl up through the blonde wig some following the curls others going against it.

This time around making the wig I discovered I could use straighteners, curling irons, and hairspray on it. I of course still used copious amounts of hot glue.
In this picture the top blonde wig has bangs which I later had to take away. At this stage I thought I would be using my own hair for the bottom half so I made the bangs out of this wig.

This is my drawing of what the wig ended up looking like. It shows a little more the swirls on the side of the hair that I've added.

And of course a picture of what the wig looked like on me for the test run. I do need to get more pictures of this wig on the head with a better turn around view. I do like this new wig but it will take a bit longer to forget the stress and fall in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment