Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cosplay Cards: Sakura Con 2008 Day 2

On the main day of the con we like to pull out our best outfits:

This is version two of the moogles. I was the sexy moogle and Shawna the fluffy moogle. Great thing was when people would ask me for a hug I would point at Shawna saying, "Hug the fluffy one." It worked great! But by the end of the day Shawna was a little annoyed with me.

The bootay was made by Hannah. She is very proud of that piece of construction. One of the best stories was a woman with her daughter who knew nothing about anime or video games comes up to Tobi saying, "I don't know what you are but you are the prettiest yellow chicken I have ever seen!"

I was so happy in Kingdom Hearts when Mickey got a revamp! This costume was awesome. And yes I sacrificed the scarf I made my Puck ears with to make Mickey's ears bigger. That wasn't working quite right from the simple ears she had at first. Also that keyblade! Ooh gosh was it fragile always trying to fall apart!

If you know this anime then you'll love this costume. We got some of the best pictures with it because in the anime everyone freaks out at this characters cuteness and she gets pushed over only to be found more adorable caught like a turtle on its back. Those that knew said they wanted to push her over but wouldn't so we had them take pictures where it looked like they were going to and they loved it! This was when we really started going for pictures that had a funny staged flair to them and silly crossovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment