Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cosplay Cards: Sakura Con 2008: Tucker


This is the cosplay I am the most proud of! My brother wanted to cosplay when he went to Sakura Con with us and a few other of his friends but he demands being 100% accurate. Soo I decided this was the perfect cosplay.
He didn't know the series I simply told him if girls ask for a hug say, "No! Stay away from me!" You don't have to be nice to girls at all and you'll act completely in character!
Of course at some point a girl asked him all fangirl eager, "Kyo!!! Can I hug yooou?!!" And he responded correctly to which the girl let out an ear piercing squeal of delight for him being so in character. Hehe....

I think my brother has the best costume stories. This one won me a radio contest yeears back for telling. I think I won a cd that I didn't care for or something lame like that.
Anyways, my family use to go to the Rootin Tootin Roundup which was our church's Halloween alternative harvest party. It was the same western theme every year. As kids we got sick of dressing in the same thing.
My cousin ended up handing down a skeleton costume to my brother so he wanted to wear that. My mom told Tucker, "No you are not wearing that go back and change."
He comes down a few minutes later, still wearing the skeleton costume but this time had a cowboy hat and boots on.
Mom looks at him saying, "Tucker what did I tell you?!"
He looks at her with that mischievous but shy grin of his saying, "But mom I died with my boots on."
After that explanation mom decided Tucker won and got to wear that to which my mother told everyone what he told her saying he came up with it himself! I always loved that story and had to make a card dedicated to ingenuity of children everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment