Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day-to-Day: Traffic Games

While heading back to Portland last weekend with my sisters we got stuck in heavy traffic coming into Seattle. We started a game. First me drawing (yes I was the driver but the car was stopped in traffic when I quickly drew), then Tobi would draw next and finally my little sister Chase.


We loved the people in the car behind us. They were such quirky characters I just had to draw them! Soo this is where the game started. At the top is my drawing then Tobi, and finally Chase. I moved the rear view mirror so each one of us could use that to look back at them.













I next did a faaast sketch of the truck in front of us. Tobi is to the left and Chase's to the right...not sure if it's alright to have the license plate number on this but Chase did love the license plate number.








This is the Calgary Christian Assembly I believe...this one was harder cause after I drew traffic got moving more. Tobi and Chase ended up with different angles.















This last one was our attempts to each do the Seattle skyline as it finally came into view. These are most assuredly more impressionistic. Mine is on the top with the skyline, road sign, and roads leading into Seattle. Tobi's is the lighter one in the middle. And Chase got quite stressed as now we were moving too much as she tried to draw what she mostly remembered of the short view she got of the skyline. And yes that is an arrow pointing the Space Needle to it's proper side. She just ran out of space.

All in all this was a great game and made us miss the traffic when it was over!

No comments:

Post a Comment