Friday, February 25, 2011

Day-to-Day: Battle with Goose Hollow Interent!


Yes this has been a constant frustrating battle for me. And sorry Goose Hollow Apartments but your customer service stinks. There were no notes posted to our door about what was really going on with the internet. Sure there was an email sent in December (that I didn't get since they have my email wrong and apparently nooo one in the office can change the database to correct it). It wasn't until the end of January that they had to switch internet providers. I had to deal with a crappy fritzing internet connection for three weeks! Another lovely thing is that we are suppose to put in all of our IP address, router, etc in manually so every time it freaks out I have to re punch in all the numbers.
Apparently the DNS numbers changed which I found out by looking at Jasmine's DNS numbers since her computer picked up on the new ones. I came home a couple days later though and it wiped all my DNS numbers so I had to look them up all over again! What the heck Goose Hollow internet?!
And the most baffling to me though was when the internet wouldn't load my email but if it loaded Hulu's site it would play videos just fine. Of course it didn't load commercials but I didn't mind that. How does it stream movies but not fully load sites?? My brain hurts just trying to understand this!

No comments:

Post a Comment